The Isle of Man has one type of eGaming licence covering all activities with three levels:
- Standard Licence – £35,000
- Network Services Licence – £50,000
- Sub-licence – £5,000
The application cost is £5,000. There are no other associated fees.
Licences are granted by the Isle of Man Gambling Supervision Commission (GSC). Typically the application process takes between 10 and 12 weeks.
There is a requirement for the following, for an applicant for a licence:
- An Isle of Man company
- 2 local resident Directors
- A resident Designated Official,(DO) or if the DO is not resident, a resident Operations Manager (OM)
- Service hosted in the Isle of Man
- Banking in the Isle of Man
- Protection of player funds
- The gambling system must be tested by an approved test house
- The RNG (if applicable) must be certified by an approved test house
- Directors, DO, OM, Money Laundering Reporting Officer, and beneficial owners owning 5% or more of the company must be vetted
Peripheral activities such as marketing, software, skill games and disaster recovery can be hosted or carried out without any need for an Online Gambling Regulation Act 2001 (OGRA) licence.